Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sending cake to heaven.

My favorite thing about this page is the subject matter. These pictures were taken on my brother's birthday, because Eli insisted that we had to send a piece of birthday cake to Uncle Travis. This is the first opportunity I've had to scrap about the passing of my brother. Travis died 3 years before Eli was born and there isn't a day that goes by that I wish they had met each other. I always have and will continue to talk about Uncle Travis with Eli. He knows that he is in heaven. This year I suggested sending some balloons to him on his birthday, but that wasn't good enough. Eli wanted to send cake. We were very unsure if it would even work, but I had to give it a shot. Let's just say it was a tiny amount of cake due to weight and engineering problems.
I wanted this page to be fun and bright. It was a birthday celebration and I wanted it to look that way. I picked a playful piece of pattern paper. On top I framed it with some birthday ribbon, on bottom I
used a piece of washi tape. I love the white on white clouds. I cut them out with my Silhouette Cameo in various different textures of white and velum. I pulled a few clouds down into the picture area and paired them with some important words. I took the time to journal on this page because it was such a special occasion and I wanted the story to be told. Journaling tags seem to be my favorite lately.
Thoughtfulness is something Eli & Travis have in common. I am so proud. Always remember, never forget. Big T in the sky.

3 comments:

  1. Sweetest idea I have ever heard!!! Good job Eli & Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way for your family to celebrate and remember your brother. Very special and totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to celebrate and remember your brother! Lovely idea and a beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete