Thursday, January 16, 2014

Gold.

Gold is pretty trendy right now in the scrap book world. Actually, did you notice the amount of metallic dresses at The Golden Globes? Yup, style and design trendys seem to hit everything from fashion and home to our crafts to what we think is COOL right now. I had high hopes for this page and I think it fell a little short.
The picture is a metallic print from Persnickety Prints. The metallic print is a super cool product, but is picture dependent. It takes the right picture to really show of the shine. I have a better example in the days to come. With the glowing lights of the carousel I knew this was the picture to take a stab at a gold page.
I paired the gold with wood elements and kraft paper. A mix I am seeing a lot of different places. The stars are from Studio Calico. The stacked group of gold embellishments are from Crate Paper by Maggie Holmes, who seems to be leading the pack with the most beautiful gold accents. I placed the title on one of those accents. Wow, where did that beautiful hand writing come from? From me, thanks to my collection of fonts and a printer. I made use of the see through window and traced my title. I used the Silhouette program for the correct sizing and placement. Not a bad idea, huh?
I am happy I tackled this trend with enthusiasm, but not very enthusactic about the results. But that's OK, not all pages are created equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment