Thursday, August 1, 2013

Working with vinyl.

Isn't my favorite thing. Actually, I have a love-hate relationship with the stuff. I love the fact that it opens the door for me to create so many more things. But hate the sticky transfer process which seems to always cause me so many problems. I've made a few signs, water bottles, cups, and added our son's name to his bento boxes. I placed "Welcome" on our wooden door which I am super happy with. For the end of the school year I made the teachers clipboards with their name on it. All these small projects were practice for the growth charts I posted yesterday. Just the shear size makes the placement more difficult for me. Most of my anxiety comes from the fact that I hate to waste. I don't like to waste scrapbook paper and vinyl is even more expensive. I also feel like vinyl projects are more difficult to salvage once you've made a mistake. I have thought about doing a large wall piece for my niece's bedroom, but don't feel like I'd be happy with the final result at my current skill level. I plan to keep doing more small projects and maybe just someday I'll fall in love with vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment