Saturday, May 3, 2014

National Scrapbook Day.

Happy National Scrapbook Day! A holiday that I could really get into. Now, if only I could get my family to shower me with scrappy goodness wrapped in a neatly tied bow.
Scrapbooking isn't just about beautiful paper, playful ribbon, and trendy embellishments. It's truly about telling your story, documenting your life, and preserving your families' history. Our Grandmothers did this by putting pictures in an album and adding the name and date of when the picture was taken. Our Moms might of attempted to do the same by writing names and dates on the back of the actual photo. These are both acceptable methods of scrapbooking. See there are no rules. Scrapbooking doesn't have to be a time consuming task. You don't need expensive tools or the newest products on the market. All you need is your photos, your memories, and a pen.
Life is full and life is busy. As a family we are able to experience so many amazing milestones. Unfortunately, there isn't always time to sit and enjoy it, because the next milestone is right around the corner. From holidays and birthdays to fishing trips and a visit to the zoo I don't want to forget any of it. But more importantly sometimes I need to be reminded of how wonderful our life is. It's truly my favorite story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment