Monday, May 19, 2014

Instagram Mini-Album.

I am in love with Instagram which has all the yummy photos without the Facebook drama. So when I saw this 4x4 Instagram Mini-Album from We R Memory Keepers I knew that's what I would create with our Jamaica photos before we even left U.S. soil. I was running all my photos through Instagram in our resort lobby while on vacation to make for quick work when I got home. I also made a daily log of our activities on my IPhone in the "NOTES" for journaling purposes.

The album holds 4x4 page protectors. Some are divided into 2x2 sections. I had difficultly getting my hands on extra page protectors because every place seemed to be sold out when I arrived back home. More on that another day. I do all my Instagram printing at persnicketyprints.com. I prefer the cardstock print which is a few cents more, but worth every penny. Plus, they have the 2x2 option right in their normal product list. I even ended this adorable little album with one of their cute coupons they include in your order.
I used a few different lines that were made with this beautiful square look. Jet Set Albums Made Easy by We R Memory Keepers and Summer & Travel Sn@P Insta Squares by Simple Stories. These products made this project so easy, because they are precut 4x4 and 2x2 pieces. Most of the time I was just slipping my pieces into place.
The Instagram Mini-Album is the perfect size for a vacation or special event album. It fits nicely in your hand and isn't going to take up a ton of storage space. It gives you the opportunity to tell your story without being a huge time consuming project.
I didn't want to leave out the details of our trip. I computer generated all the journaling in the same font to give it a cohesive look. I used the traveling typewriter font for the entire album, but used it in many different ways. Some pages are a 4x4 journaling page the shares the events of a whole day. Others I used a 2x2 spot or even added a banner right onto the photo to include a small side note.
This trip was Eli's first stamp in his passport. It was special for so many different reasons. The moments above of us in the waterfall are priceless. It's something I never want to forget. This mini-album also allows me to share these moments with our friends and family in an easy and fashionable way.




No comments:

Post a Comment