Monday, February 3, 2014

Double layout.

This double page layout was created using a PageMaps University sketch. PageMaps University was a 4 week online class I participated in. Each week they would email you sketches, instructions, product lists, and cutting files. It was a nice resource for inspiration.
The first day of school is quickly becoming my favorite "holiday" to scrap. This double layout was made with Smarty Pants by Simple Stories. I added very few elements outside the collection. The cork stars are from Fancy Pants. I am most proud of the tiny little yellow manila envelop that just happened to be hanging out around my desk. It's perfect for that spot.
The journaling was computer generated. I often use my Silhouette program to create journaling that requires specific dimensions. I create a box with the exact dimensions and stay within that area, making my text fit well and scaled to size. On this layout I used a font called "play date." I wanted a fun, school like font and this seemed to work well. This page took me a considerable amount of time including a lot of pre-planning. I am proud with the result and happy it is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment