Saturday, April 5, 2014

Housewarming Card.

Just wanted to share the above card today to let you know I am still here. I wish I could say I've been crafting away, but life seems super busy right now. The lack of blog post and crafting time is directly related to the previous post and announcement. River has been keeping me on my toes. It's almost like having a baby in the house again.
This housewarming card was made from an older My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pack. I haven't been in the habit of buying 6x6 paper packs for a long time, but they really are the best for making cards. The patterns of 6x6 packs are repeated on a smaller scale which is a much better options for cards. I envisioned this card much simpler than it came out. I wanted the Freckled Fawn wooden veneer house to stand alone as the main feature, but the empty space where the Heidi Swapp "family" sentiment ended up required something. I tried multiple elements in that spot before choosing the "family" sticker. I am happy with the final product I created and a little amazed the direction this card took me in. The mix and match technique of various different element I had on hand worked out this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment