Sunday, October 27, 2013

My lil' lion.

This was Eli's 3rd Halloween, but the first I ever scrapbooked. I had this idea that I didn't want to be "one of those" scrappers that was crazy about Halloween paper. So, I went with a non-traditional Halloween page. I liked this paper with his cream and tan color costume. The pumpkins were cut with the Silhouette Cameo and backed with a piece of burlap. The banners and letters were also cut the same way. Note: the bows made with brads. Which is a super easy way to make a great bow.
I am scared to death of the day my boy ask for a big box store costume. That might be my Halloween nightmare come true. Luckily, the power of suggestion still works well with him. And I am smart enough to suggest something that is within my creative reach. The above costume was fun and simple, but still super cute. The lion hat was a gift from a relative that visited a zoo. He had the tan pants and I bought the cream shirt. I added a felt tail with some yarn tassels to the pants. I always like to add a coordinating trick or treat basket. The steak was a dog toy that I hot glued onto a box. I love my lil' lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment