Monday, November 4, 2013

Trick-or-Tractor

Introducing my favorite farmer! This costume was made entirely possible by my Silhouette Cameo. Without it I would of had a lot more leg work. The box was spray painted John Deere green, of course. The wheels & smoke stack were spray painted black. I used my Cameo to cut a pattern out for the wheels and then cut them by hand out of cardboard. The yellow making up the inside of the wheels is vinyl. Most of the yellow elements are. The grill and John Deere logo are cut out of cardstock. For both the logo and the slow moving sign I backed my designs with cardboard to give them more dimension. I added lights and reflectors to make it more realistic and super fun. We did have a few engineering problems, but I think some of that was due to the rain. Rain and cardboard don't mix! If I has to do it all over again, I would start with a smaller box. I would also work on a better harness or straps to keep it on. The farmers suspenders didn't really cut it with all the movement of my busy boy. The gas can was his trick-or-treat bucket which made the costume really come together. On Friday we had a small Halloween party for the kids. Eli was still able to be a farmer without his tractor for most of the night. Sometimes Mommy is pretty cool!

1 comment:

  1. Nice suspenders! Oh yeah, the rest of the costume was pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete